- Fresh Pineapple Grilled and Poached in Vignoles and Pineapple Juice reduction
- Canned Pineapple Rings Baked with Turbinado (raw sugar)
- Canned Pineapple Chunks Poached in Vignoles and Pineapple Juice Reduction
Other ingredients: Belgian Waffle Mix Batter, per instructions
- Start by grilling Fresh Pineapple quarters – grill on high heat until pineapple is charred on all sides
Poaching Liquid: liquid is 1 part Vignoles to 2 parts pineapple juice (use canned pineapple juice as well as the juice from the cans of pineapple)
Bring the Vignoles to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until half of the volume is reduced. Add pineapple juice and continue to simmer until liquid is again reduced by half. The longer you can simmer, the better it will be.
Add char-grilled pineapple to reduction and poach for 10 minutes, and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle Turbinado sugar on Pineapple rings and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until the rings become golden brown.
Combine the charred and baked rings in a food processor and puree until almost smooth.
Mix Belgian Waffle Mix per instructions, replacing the pineapple puree with the liquid in the recipe.
- Add the crushed or chunked pineapple to the simmering liquid and continue to simmer and reduce – this will concentrate the flavor that will be used to make the puree topping as well as a drizzle.
Puree simmered pineapple chunks, 2 T Turbinado sugar and 1 stick of butter into the food processor.
Fill lined cupcake tins with pineapple batter and bake at 375 for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool and remove from the cupcake paper.
Warm the pineapple puree prior to use.
To assemble: pour a teaspoon of reduction liquid on plate then place the cake on top of the liquid. Add 1 tablespoon of the puree to top